Dean Lewis Grant Loaney born in Sydney, Australia, on October 21, 1985, better known by his stage name, Dean Lewis, is an Australian singer and songwriter. “Waves,” released in 2016, was certified seven Platinum in Australia in 2019, and “Be Alright,” released in 2018, topped the Australian charts and was certified platinum within four weeks of its release, eventually reaching eleven Platinum in Australia and multi-platinum worldwide, including double platinum in the United States.
Australian singer Dean Lewis shot to fame after releasing the breakout hit “Waves” in 2016. Before the publication of his first song, even on digital music services, he was not particularly well-known. The young Sydney-born performer at first saw massive reaction from the Australian public, and then his fame spread to admirers all over the globe. Lewis’s first single was certified platinum. His first album, which included some of the year’s most successful singles, went gold and topped the album sales rankings in Australia. In addition to becoming number one in a number of countries, including Australia, Singapore, and Belgium, the song “Be Alright” was certified platinum in a number of those locations. After struggling for years to establish himself in the music business, Lewis’s sudden rise to worldwide prominence came as quite a surprise. Pop and alternative music have long been among his favorites. His musical approach has been heavily inspired by a number of European bands, particularly the English rock band “Oasis.”
ARIA Music Awards
– Won Best Video in 2018 for Jessie Hill and Dean Lewis – “Be Alright”,
– Won Album of the Year in 2019 for A Place We Knew,
– Won Best Male Artist in 2019 for A Place We Knew.
– Won Breakthrough Songwriter of the Year in 2019 for Himself,
– Won Outstanding International Achievement Award of the Year in 2019 for Himself,
– Won Most Performed Pop Work of the Year in 2020 for 7 Minutes,
– Won Most Performed Australian Work Overseas in 2021 for 7 Minutes.
Dean Lewis Grant Loaney
Date of birth
October 21, 1985
Place of birth
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Singer and songwriter
Island and Universal Australia
- Released A Place We Knew in March 2019. - Released The Hardest Love in November 2022
12 million dollars